Adequate and appropriate heating of your home is a subject which should be taken lightly. It is a highly critical decision, especially considering the colder days ahead. Before you realise, winter will be at your doorstep. It is during these winter months that most people spend maximum time at home. This is also the time when the heaters and boilers at home would be working overtime and at full blast. While doing that, all homeowners must consider two important aspects. The first is a close watch on their energy and fuel bills and second on the greenhouse gasses plus the emissions from their heating and ventilation system installed at home.
You need to keep your home heated and ensure that there are no lapses environmentally. It is only during the time heading towards the winter that people start to pay some attention to the heating system installed in their homes. This is also when it becomes relevant to check for possible leakages, gaps and crevices in the roof, window, doors and walls or floors. Heat cannot be allowed to escape. Therefore, insulation and sealing become top priorities. A properly insulated home can help save a lot of money on energy consumption required to heat and ventilate the house.
A recent study conducted by the authorities brought to light that if all the gaps, crevices and leakages in an average home were collectively put together, it would be almost equivalent to keeping a relatively large window wide open during the winter months. This kind of leakage could amount to nearly 25 % to 30 % heat loss in the home, which translates to the extra energy required to cover up for the heat loss, which means higher costs.
The power of making your heating and boiler system an efficient one is in your control. A cleaner and greener environment means better living conditions for all. Get the iHeat.co.uk experts to check, verify and certify the heating and boiler system for functional diligence and operational capability.
You can even safely install solar panels, and companies like Blue Raven Solar can offer a custom quote for a system that can help you save even more energy.
How To Efficiently Heat The Home?
There are several ways to heat the home. Let’s look at 7 essential tips on how to efficiently heat your home.
- Quickly schedule the service check and maintenance of your existing boiler system, or else replace it.
- Ensure that the heating system has set-point controlled thermostats and smart controllers. If not, get these fitted, if possible, to do so with your existing heating system.
- Radiators need to go through the bleeding process to make them functional and clear from air traps.
- Install Reflectors to increase the efficiency of the radiator for throwing heat into the room
- Check and clean or simply change all the air filters in the system
- Install a ventilator for heat recovery from exhaust air
- Clean and clear the water faucets and shower outlets for free flow of heated water
How To Stall The Heat Loss At Home?
A few simple tips on how best to curb some of the heat loss in your home :
- Use thicker window shades and blinds during the winter months to contain the heat and avoid the loss
- Seal gaps, cracks, crevices in the windows, doors, roof, floor and walls with certified insulation material
- Whenever possible, shut and close those areas of the home which are not being used frequently. This will help save on heating area loss
- Allow maximum sunlight to enter the house in whichever way possible to ensure some natural heating
- Cover and insulate the exposed water pipes with certified insulation material to ensure the water being circulated remains warm and does not lose heat
Besides these, there could be many more simple yet very effective ways to control heat loss in your home.
How Does The Heating And Boiler System Help?
Let us get back to the heating and boiler system installed in your home. It is essential to check, inspect, and verify that the heating system and boiler installed in your home is in proper working condition and is energy efficient. Else, it would be best to replace the system. There are many cost-effective yet highly efficient boiler and heating systems available to suit every space and capacity. Among these are combi boilers, which have become the most sought after choice of heating system with homeowners across geographies.
If your existing system seems to be in working condition and suitable to live through the winter, it would be best to get it fully serviced and certified by experts well in time, before the winter sets in.